How does BOTOX® COSMETIC & DYSPORT® Work?
When you smile, frown or make other facial expressions the muscles contract under the skin. The consistent movement of those muscles draws the skin together and causes it to become less elastic. The result turns into frown lines and wrinkles. When injected into muscles the botox blocks nerve impulses from activating the muscles, so the skin above may appear relaxed.
However there are two types of wrinkles, static and dynamic. The static wrinkles are present with or without movement of the underlying muscles. These are the wrinkles that may or may not get improvement with botox injections. Dynamic wrinkles appear with muscle movement and improve with muscle relaxation, in some cases with repeated treatments, the wrinkle can actually disappear.
Dynamic wrinkles in the upper portion of the face respond well to BOTOX® and DYSPORT® and it is possible to raise and shape the eyebrows using botox injections. The process of using Botox to raise and shape the eyebrows is called a Chemical Brow Lift. This is what gives the pretty winged look that many professional models and movie stars have.
BOTOX® and DYSPORT® works only when it is injected and then absorbed into the muscle that is the reason why it works so well around the eyes and forehead area. However BOTOX® and DYSPORT® can be used on the lower part of the face to lessen the look of dimpled chins, neck bands, drooping noses, bulging jaw muscles and fine lines around the lips.
What can I expect from BOTOX® COSMETIC AND DYSPORT®
The treatments are quick and virtually painless and most people do not require any anesthesia. The entire procedure only takes about 10-15 minutes with no recovery time. There are very few side effects and you will be able to resume normal activities immediately following the injection procedure. The results may vary but most people see an improvement within three to five days. The effect usually lasts three to five months. Repeated treatments can lead to longer lasting effects.
There are a few things we do differently here to give you the best possible result from BOTOX® and DYSPORT® along with the most comfortable experience…
- We use a much smaller sized needle to do the injections with in comparison to the size most often used by others. The special small needle cost a lot more ($10 each vs. 30 cents each) but they reduce bruising and they cause much less discomfort and our patients are worth it.
- We concentrate the BOTOX® and DYSPORT® as much as possible to make the injections as small as possible. This reduces swelling, reduces bruising, and increases the comfort level.
- We keep a record of the exact amount and the precise location of each injection of BOTOX® and DYSPORT®. If you love the result, we can reproduce the result. If there is a problem with the result, we can adjust the position and amount of BOTOX® or DYSPORT® we use to give you a better result on your follow up treatments.
- Your injections will always be performed by a physician or professional technician.
- We will teach you what to do and what not to do after your injection to get the best possible result. A few pointers about sun exposure, lotions or other procedures you may have planned in the future.
- In short, we do everything we can to make sure you are very happy with your BOTOX® or DYSPORT® and your experience with us performing your BOTOX® and DYSPORT® injections!
BOTOX® and DYSPORT® are prescription medicines that is injected into muscles and used to minimize the severe frown lines between the eyebrows and improve the look of fine lines and wrinkles. If you are ready to enhance your health and appearance by considering a BOTOX® or DYSPORT® treatment and you are interested in understanding BOTOX® or DYSPORT® and the benefits of these injections please feel free to schedule a consultation visit.